This is day three of my working-from-home period. Some things I’ve found:
- I’ve a lot more energy at the end of the day. I suspect this is because I have no commute.
- I really need to do a spring clean.
- It’s really important to simulate the normal working day by adopting your usual morning routine. The temptation to work, un-showered, in your pyjamas, is strong.
- Wear your shoes.
- I’m consuming an awful lot of tea.
- It’s important to go out and get a bit of fresh air. Yesterday I popped down to Wicklow and met a few goats.
- Pat Kenny has an awful habit of labouring the point. We understand, Pat.
- I’m looking at this time as a real opportunity to reflect on my teaching.
- The whole corona virus crisis has shown that the higher education system is far more capable of rapid change than we thought. This could be a tipping point.